Tuesday, July 31, 2007

August...September... October...

Now you'd be convinced that next in sequence was November wouldn't you? Yes? Well you are incorrect (well, kind of).

After October, comes Movember, and no, it's not a spelling mistake. Movember is the NZ and Australian replacement for the generic November. Going back to last M(N)ovember, I'd just started work at the new office, and some of the people were already resembling Magnum PI. It turns out however it's a Men's health awareness month, and to raise funds for charities such as the Prostate Cancer Foundation of New Zealand.

Now I've a reasonable amount of charity stuff in the past, raising money for Willie Maddren's Motor Neurone Disease Research Fund and more recently, working in Ghana on a building site, and teaching basic IT skills to some of the local kids.

This however, is a bit more light-hearted, The principal behind Movember is to grow the best moustache, and in 1 month! I think I'm going to have to join on on this one this year. Not only do I get to grow a handlebar moustache and be cool, I also get to raise some money for a good cause.

OK I lied about looking cool, I meant I'll look like a tool. But it's worth it! :-)