Sunday, July 15, 2007

Time To Get Out

For the last week I have had the worst flu, it reached it's worst typically on the days when Michael was away in Auckland, right at the point when I could have just done with that extra support, but anyway, in true Marrisa style I wasn't gonna stop - there is just too much to see and do!

By Friday though I was starting to feel a bit better and with being cooped up in the house for nearly 3 days I was ready to get out, and so was Bethany too, the poor mite had to listen to me grumble, groan and watch me lay zoned out on the sofa!

So I gave Susan a call and we met for lunch at The Chocolate Fish Cafe. Samuel, Bethany and Sophie were brilliant, so much so in fact, that we were complimented by another customer who said we had fantastically behaved children!

Once again it was lovely, the restaurant is nice with a superb menu, and of course in the most amazing setting of being right next to the beach.

After a spot of lunch we went across to the beach so the kids could have a run around and so Susan and I could have a bit of a natter. Samuel is 6, but him and Bethany seem to get on really well, however I did say to Susan that it will be Bethany to lead Samuel astray! Little Sophie has just turned 2 and she is the cutest, petite little girl, she isn't afraid to do what the bigger kids are.

It was a lovely day again, Scorching Bay is a lovely secluded area that seems to be protected well from the wind, it's one of the more popular summer beaches in summer - and I can see why, even deep into winter it gets top temperatures!