Monday, July 09, 2007

Whinging Poms!?

You will know from nearly all of my posts that there is always a mention on the weather, I would say it's a British thing to be obsessed by it. You will also know that so far we have found summer, autumn and the early weeks of winter bliss. For us its been like having 4 whole months of summer, a fantastic amount more than the 2 weeks in the UK we would normally have.

Now yes with it being winter the weather has changed, yesterday was a gorgeous day and today is not so good. Its been raining all day and quite cold. But again still no less than 11 degrees a whole 12 above what we would normally have in the UK at this stage in the seasons.

Yet why is it that wherever I go I hear kiwi's (that's the locals and not the birds!) talking about how cold it is, how hard it is and how miserable it makes them. I went out in just a jumper today, didn't think it was that cold and every where I went people were wrapped up in huge coats, hats, gloves and scarves!!

Today I listened to the guy at the Post Office whinge about his cold hands, the woman at the chemist whinge about the rain, the man in the newsagents whinge about the draft in his shop, the woman at supermarket whinge about the wind and the DJ's on the radio whinge about it all.

Whinging poms....they are terrible aren't they!?