Saturday, July 07, 2007

Blast from the Past

Starting to get back into console gaming with the Wii has led me to have several flashbacks on my gaming history. I think there are 2 games that have left a lasting impression, having spent countless hours on my BBC B Micro in the early 80's.

The favourite and probably all time greatest game ever, was of course Elite. Those hours would probably have been better spent on educational stuff, but what the hell - I was a kid, I had a computer, and wanted to be Elite!

Of course to play this now requires either a BBC Emulator, or use the Elite Plus game from the Abandonware Team!

The other timeless classic is Chuckie Egg of course. Down the ladders, up the lifts and collecting all the eggs along the way. My sister and I may have been young, but we got pretty competitive over it!


If you were a Chuckie Egg fan, the guys at Retrospec have a recoded version for download. Or.... You can play a version here too!




Free Flash Games