Friday, July 27, 2007

Boys In The Hood

Moving to a new country means not only leaving family, but friends too, and it's hard - very hard. Some of which pretty much were family. I was fortunate to have grown up (I've grown up?) with some of the greatest friends I could have hoped for. Some friends come and go, but these guys deserve a mention for those times they've been there for me.

From school, there developed a group of boys that spent weekends together partying and doing stuff only boys do (and stuff that can't be discussed on a family orientated blog!). I think we are classed as Men now, but only because of hitting the 30 mark, and not due to actually becoming adults!!


So let me introduce you to them:


In the picture, from the right you have: Sinners, Me, Fell, Niel, Moz and the latest member of the team - Mark. I don't think we ever had a normal un-eventful night out when it's been all of us.

After school came work, and through work came some more guys good enough to be brothers. Michel, John and Paul are another set of outstanding friends, and just like the others, are always there if you need anything. In case you wondered what they looked like, here they are:

So the list does actually go on. During my time working in Darlington I made friends with the likes of Baldie and Foz, which were great guys, and it's unfortunate we didn't get to spend more time together, but at least we all made the most of it. BBQ's and beer is what I'd call making the most of it!! Baldie will remember the nights out in Darlo, especially the ones where all drinks were banned apart from Guinness.....mmmmmm.... Guinness......

I'm sure Foz will recall the BBQ's and stumbling upon other peoples unsecured wifi connections. Not something I condone of course...
Starting again in a new country is hard, especially with not knowing anyone. I've been lucky so far and have made some new friends, but can never and will never forget the guys back in the UK.