Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Away

So Michael is in Auckland with work. When he told me last week that he had to go and that it was an overnight stay my first reaction was 'no you can't, don't leave me in a strange country by myself'. It was strange that I reacted that way considering this is where we intend to spend the rest of our lives.

I am so proud of Mr D for doing fantastically well at work, it's hard enough starting a new job at any time in your life, but to do it right across the other side of the world, with a weight of stress from emigration on your shoulders is worthy of much praise.

For me I guess I am facing a few hurdles at the moment. I still miss everyone in the UK, I miss just being able to talk to my closest, without having to make an impression or give off the wrong one.

My outburst at Michael going was really based on the fact I am jealous, how exciting that he gets to take a trip away, stay in a nice hotel and see the sights of Auckland. What I really should have said was 'oh wow, that's going to be amazing'...hindsight eh?

But anyway, Bethy and I have had a lovely day - mammy and baby time. Tonight we made our own pizza's and snuggled up on the sofa under the duvet and watched a movie. It was gorgeous 'us' time.

I can honestly say I have never developed and learned so much as a woman than I have by making this move. But this is a good thing, everything be it good or bad that we go through in our lives makes us who we are today, life is an adventure and one that I am loving every minute of. Everything happens for a reason.

Mr D will be back tomorrow, and we will continue to grow and learn together, but it is funny though how the simplest things can make you realise so much.