Thursday, May 24, 2007

When It's Just Us

Days are hard without Michael, but Bethany and I have managed to create fun from spontaneity. As I have said before we have some structured events like swimming lessons and Kindi but the fun days are the ones where I just decide 'lets go here...'.


The most fun is always exploring the huge amount of Wellington beaches, each is a beautiful wonder with so many different characteristics to each one.

This morning we decided to go to Island Bay. This gorgeous little suburb is a 2 minute drive from our house and features Bethany's favourite play area! The beach here is extremely popular in the summer because of the gorgeous sand and its known as our Fish & Chips beach!

We had a gorgeous walk, Bethany found rocks and shells and wanted to keep them all!

The water was the most amazing turquoise colour and Bethany squealed with delight at the sight of some cute little black and white fish!

The weather again was fantastic, after yesterdays rain it brought another day of sunshine and smiles...

We had our early lunch on a bench overlooking the bay, listening to the seagulls and Bethany told mammy stories of how we live in New Zealand now and how when she's big she is going on the aeroplane by herself to England...(us? we never gave her that idea!).

Bethany is such a beautiful little girl with an amazing personality, we have the most amazing relationship and together we have grown and developed in ways I never knew were possible.

After the beach it was time for Kindi. I decided to take some pics of my little babe in action, she is loved by everyone at the Kindi and I often hear from the teachers and other parents that she has an amazing speaking voice with tremendous english manners!

We have had such a brilliant day. I am amazed at how much we can fit in one day, and even more amazed that every day is different which brings new memories for us all.

Both of my guys must have had a hard day as they promptly fell asleep on the sofa after we got back from collecting daddy from work.

I would call them spoilt but I wont...