Wednesday, June 27, 2007

That Cooped Up Feeling

It's been two days without the car and although I said to myself I was happy to spend some time at home with my little angel, today cabin fever set in for us both.

Luckily for me, yesterday was a busy day as Sarah and Sophie came over and kept us company on the morning and then on the afternoon the Tuesday Ladies gathered at my house. This morning Susan called in on her way to the supermarket and we had a coffee and a chat which was great, but by dinner time if I heard Bethany say "find me mammy" one more time I was going to go crazy!

As I needed to go under the house to check out the fire wood situation anyway I thought it would be fun for us to have a little adventure. The weather although cold (a high of 11 degrees today) was still beautiful with the sunshine and blue skies, perfect explorer weather.

Our house sits on stilts as its built into the side of a hill and so there is a lot of space under there. Bethany headed off first looking for firewood but I kind of hung back knowing that some of those NZ spiders that we have found in our house could be lurking under there!!

After 'hide and seek', 'the balancing game' (walking around the retaining wall under the house) and 'find the toy duck' (which we found also under the house) we headed off to the main part of the garden for a good old game of football.

We had a great time exploring and playing with the Spongebob football and the two tennis balls we found, it was one of those times where the simplest of toys created the most amount of fun.

At one point I did wonder on the time and realised we had been out in the garden for nearly 2 hours!

I went inside and was soon beckoned out by Bethany who was shouting at the top of her lungs to "come see". There she was, in the hammock which she had dragged out of the under stair cupboard and setup herself!

Anyway, her enthusiasm didn't last long, after a few minutes I wondered where she was, I adopted a Bethany tone and started shouting down the stairs "Bethany, come help mammy with tea", and there was no answer, so I set off to find her...

Guess the fresh air was all just too much...