Sunday, June 17, 2007

Upon Reflection...

Ever looked back and thought "Yeah I wish I'd done that earlier?" Yep, me too. However thankfully it's never been with anything major, and it's not been too late to make a change.


One of the driving things for us making a move to New Zealand was that, after the initial thought of doing it, we were of the mind-set of "If we don't do it now we'll look back saying what if...."

Let me elaborate on the whole 'What-if' thought. My Dad plays guitar, and has since before my arrival to this world, but it's something I never took up, even though tuition would have been freely available. The Mrs. Radcliffe in 3rd year tried to teach me, but even then I didn't get it.

So that brings me to a point in time now where I have one of those wish-I'd-done-this-earlier moments, because I had no idea where to start. Actually, I found a place to start and it's called Trade Me. Trade Me is an auction site, working in a similar fashion to eBay, and if you haven't heard of eBay by now, you don't spend enough time on the internet!

So here we are, 1 online auction later and I'm the proud owner of a guitar. Nothing flash, just enough to started and although it's about 23 years ago since I last picked one up - hopefully it's not too late to learn! Oh, and even Bethany has been playing longer than me, and to a higher standard!!