Sunday, April 01, 2007

So Far So Good?

Well we've made it to 4 posts - that's a vast improvement over the last attempt we had to keep a blog. This weekend has been a fairly quiet one, with only one major event to report.

I decided to get back into sport of some description, so have taken up something. Now bearing in mind that I've not really played anything competitive other than a game of squash in say..... 7 years, I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

Anyway, the game of choice was in fact rugby. I went off to training during the week and turned up on Saturday as a bench warmer. Having no fitness and no stamina, I was happy with the thought of a 10 minute run out at the end, just to get a feel for the kiwi game. Unfortunately for me, the team had other ideas. Several injuries later and a half time whistle blew, I went in as number 6. I managed to last the full second half and left the pitch with all limbs attached.

If you want to follow the team, the results are posted on the website: http://www.msprugby.co.nz/

Michael