Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Warm Up

Getting ready for next week and our lunch time ride outs, Mark and I ventured out for half an hour as a kind of warm up. Bearing in mind my lack of fitness, living on a hill and not ridden a non-motorbike in several years, I can honestly say it was a shock to the system.

It took a few minutes to adjust to the riding position, and contemplate handing the bike back and quitting. But I soldiered on regardless! Mark on the other had took it in his stride and rode ahead.

I managed to ride up one bank, but had to concede to another two, before finding a great bit of downhill to get some speed up.

The track was probably quite easy, but being in a state of great unfitness meant it wasn't that enjoyable. Still, at least the view was stunning.

I did learn something though, and that is: I should probably re-kindle my mountain biking away from mountains, and on some flat!