Saturday, August 18, 2007

4 Wheels - 2 =

So after months of deliberation, I finally got myself back onto 2 wheels. No, not a motorbike (I still my miss my SV650s!) but one I have to power myself, rather than use fossil fuels.

At work we have a large lock up area for bikes. You wouldn't believe the distance people travel on bikes to get to work. They then go out for a ride at lunch time, then ride home again. Tired of seeing everyone else have fun, and tired of slipping a notch on my belt each month, I'm getting back into cycling.

The plan is to leave the bike at work, then get an hour a day riding in around Wellington's coast, rugged mountain tracks and awesome view points. Hopefully my fitness levels will improve and I can start to get back into some of the clothes that are currently hidden at the back of my wardrobe!

I don't think I could use it to commute just yet, you've not seen the huge hill at Brooklyn I'd have to go up on my way home!!