Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It's A Bloggers World

When we arrived in NZ Michael suggested we start a blog. I turned my nose up and told him I wasn't keen, who on earth would be interested? Then a few months later he set it up again after I moaned about not having a diary of our events in our new life and I found myself writing 30 emails each night with updates.

Since then I have (as you know) been posting to it as much as I can, I love the fact our family and friends get to see what we are doing, how Bethany is developing and in some ways it does act as a diary for me, I have the camera every where I go in case of a blogging moment!

Naturally my emotions were high once we moved and I longed to be able to read other people's experiences on immigration and their views of being an expat. Finding other people with amazing blogs was a complete eye opener for me. I would like to say I have made some really good blogging friends, and I think it's a good thing to mention those who have helped me so far with my journey.

Of course you know Sarah and Dan, Chez Lee is a stunning autobiography of their family life in NZ. They are UK expats who have been living in NZ for 11 years, their passion for life here and the amazing photography is an utter inspiration. I am truly in awe.

Michael and Joyce are expats from Durham (not far from where we used to live!). They have a pizza restaurant in the Bay of Plenty. They emigrated from the UK to NZ in 2004 and are living their dream. The posts are written with perfection and straight talking, their blog has some brilliant advice which has initiated me to write more from the heart.

Next up is The Glazier Family. Jonathan and Rebecca moved to NZ from the UK 2 years ago and live in Auckland. Jonathan is a Television producer and used to work for the BBC in London. Their blog is straight talking with a realistic take on the good and bad sides of NZ. It's fantastic to read the lifestyle they have in Auckland and the differences between our two cities.

Another family is The Leggats. They moved to NZ in 2004 and they live in Canterbury which is on the South Island. They also have an amazing writing style and some fantastic pictures. It's great to see the snow on the mountains!

More recently I have made amazing friends with Kya and her family. They currently live in Massachusetts, USA. Kya is American and her husband Aiden is a kiwi , they are planning to move to Wellington next year. Reading about their feelings on what is going to be the biggest move ever is very interesting. She has two beautiful girls and Bethany cant wait to meet them!

There are also so many others that I check in on all the time who have amazing life blogs (thanks Geoff!), but so far these guys are the ones who have touched my immigration heart!

These expat blogs are a true help and inspiration to me.

Thanks guys for making the blogging world a better one, now lets get back to it...