Friday, August 31, 2007

"Mammy, You're The Best!"

It's been a complete hectic crazy day today, and my little princess has been just that, a princess. We had so much to do today and she has helped amazingly.

It's Fathers Day here on Sunday so of course I needed to organise something for that (see posts at the weekend for an update!). So it was trawling the shops this morning trying to find someone who could help me with what I needed.

Then we had swimming lessons. I did promise Bethany we would have lunch at a cafe (she gets very excited by this) but due to the amount of time it took at the shops we couldn't, she was great though and just told me not to worry and she would be happy to do it later!

Swimming was excellent, she really got into it, did everything she was asked and for the first time she swam under the water by herself (normally holds the teachers hand) to get the fish from the bottom. So very proud of my little girl and she was very proud of herself too.

The Hip Hop lessons have now moved to a Friday so it meant we had some time between the two lessons, but not a lot, so we had to eat quickly. It wasn't the only option but it was the quickest and we went and had some 'filth'...McDonald's!

Off to dance class and its a 25 minute drive, the drive is a gorgeous one though with the drive going all the way around on the coastal road and coming out in a gorgeous little place called Eastbourne.

Bethany again, was amazing at dance and showed the other kids how to do it. I even joined in and played games with them which the other mothers whispered about, but heck, I may be British but reserved I am not!

We were driving back when I just had the sudden urge to stop at the beach. Bethy was most excited to find out she was going to get herself an ice-cream! We had a beautiful walk along the beach and had such a laugh at the crazy ducks and seagulls that live side by side at the ocean. The temperature reached 16 today and people were swimming in the ocean, stunning.

All my gorgeous little girl said to me was (when I thanked her for being good today, and I told her I loved her) "mammy you're the best".

With tears in my eyes I hugged my girl tighter than I have ever before, a beautiful moment and a beautiful proud day.