Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm 29...Lets Party!!

I am one lucky lady that's for sure.

In the short space of two years that I have been in New Zealand I have met some of the most amazing people. Each one brings something different to my life, each one as special as the next. I could not be happier.

Saturday night I celebrated my 29th birthday! One more year till the big 3 0, however I am ready. It seems I will be taunted and I will be mocked, and maybe so. But on the life journey I have had, each year becomes a new adventure, a new challenge and a new future. So you mockers be mocked (you know who you are!), I will be 30 and I will be proud...convinced?!

To celebrate my special night I was joined as I said by the most amazing women. Each one has brought something amazing to my life, each one different, yet so very connected.

Introductions please!

Joining me on my wonderful night was:

Sarah, the person who I have in fact known the longest. We met at a play area one month after our arrival in NZ, and connected instantly, from there the most intense relationship developed. Exchanging details we have never looked back, Sarah and her gorgeous family have featured the most on our blog, being there for us, offering advice - they will always stay dear in our hearts!!

Jo and Susan, my long time friends who I met just two months after my arrival. They were part of a mothers group that got together every Tuesday. I was introduced by my neighbour at the time and we hit it off straight away. Along with Joan (who sadly couldn't make it) we have have become firm best friends. A group that now cannot be broken and has grown closer and stronger over time. These ladies are my backbone, I cannot imagine life without them.

Annemieke I met through Bethany's swimming lessons. We used to sit together at the side of the pool with other mothers, week in and week out, so through this we formed a friendship. Annemieke and her family are from the Netherlands, an amazing family who had a dream and followed it, and they now have their own little kiwi - and are very proud to enter the NZ books as the first ever baby in New Zealand to be named Pemma!

I then met Denyse, we had ran into each other numerous times at Brooklyn Kindergarten, then knew it was time to make a further connection when we started bumping into each other at parties held at Sarah's house! Denyse is a Kiwi and Tony her husband a Londoner, they have two amazing girls. Two girls more amazing than any of us can ever imagine. I am so in awe of all this family has been through and survived, truly awesome characters.

Next Dawn came into my life. We 'met' via blog cyberspace, each reading each others blogs, finally realising we lived in the same town. Meeting up couldn't have been more amazing. Dawn and Darren are American expats and have the most wonderful stories to tell. Dawn is stunning, a truly sensitive soul who I feel I can connect with so honestly. We were all sat in envy of the fact Dawn looks so youthful...the reason....no children!! Lucky woman. Darren works for Weta, for those that know what that is you can join me in my first reactions of: wow!!

Catherine has just started her own photography business. A stunningly gorgeous lady who is simply the most amazing photographer I have ever met. A long time in the mill (due to being a perfectionist) she has now launched Catherine Cattanach Photography. My faith in Catherine is 110%, the photos she did for Bethany's birthday last year were stunning. Like Denyse we met through Brooklyn Kindy, Bethany and her son Alexander took a shine to each other. Bethany has never forgotten him and he is still on my list as her future husband one day!

Alina I met when we moved house in January this year. Along with her husband Justin she has two totally gorgeous children. A true Kiwi family who know what life is all about. Alina has been my inspiration in so many ways. She really is a truly amazing woman, one of those who strive for the hardest thing and makes it happen, one of those ladies who makes my mouth drop open in sheer admiration.

Last but definitely not least we come to Stef. Through the wonders of cyberspace Stef found our blog. We had the most in depth email conversations which lead to Stef, her husband Rich and their little girl making the move to NZ just 4 months ago. Rich came and stayed with us earlier in the year, our friendship has developed in ways I could never imagine. Stef is simply gorgeous, a beautifully honest girl with nothing but life for the world. They have placed themselves into our hearts, we are proud to know them and proud of what they have achieved so far.

Every single one of them has impacted my life in ways they will never know. Watching them all chat together at the restaurant warmed my heart, to know that all the inspirational women who had touched my life were now meeting each other, it was the most wonderful feeling.

We had an amazing night, the drinks flowed, the meal was delicious and much dancing was had. Now of course all that is left is to say thank you.

Thank you ladies for all your love, let's cherish what we have forever, I love you all....oh and here you are, enjoy your drunk photos!!!


PS. If you find the video 'choppy' just click on it again and it will open in You Tube!