Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls Night Out

So as you know from the last post Michael had to go off to Auckland to stay over night at short notice. I can't say I am ever pleased, I mean I hate being home alone, I end up sleeping with the light on, every noise outside makes me panic. Plus the most annoying fact is that he may not see it like this but really Michael gets to swan off with only him to think about, do some sightseeing on the way, get free food and drink AND have a peaceful night sleep, it's just not on!!

So with that in mind I decided Bethany and I needed a break too, we had been talking about proper mammy and Bethany time for ages, doing girly stuff and just being silly together. So that's what we did, I booked a hotel in Wellington and off we went, dropping an eager and excited Denver at the kennels on the way!!

We had an amazing time, it lived up to what we wanted to do (and shhh don't tell Daddy but we hoped he might have to stay another night longer!!). Bethany packed her fairy dress, her favourite teddy and doll, she put in her jewelry (as she said 'you never know') and we took board games. Along with some food, clothes, bottle of wine and many random other things I could barely carry the bag!

We checked in at the Museum Hotel in the heart of Wellington City. The room was gorgeous, very clean, modern and it had the most stunning bath tub - they called it a 'luxuriously deep tub of heaven'...I like that!

After unpacking everything and Bethany getting changed several times we headed out. We walked along the harbour, we had ice-creams, played chase, went to Frank Kitts play area and the best by far was Bethany having another turn on the BigAir Bungy that is situated on the green of Frank Kitts Park.



After a fun filled evening we headed back, I cracked open the wine for me and some popcorn for Bethany and we sat watching Bethany's favourite DVDs whilst we waited for our room service food. Just divine. Topping the night off with more wine (for mammy) a lemonade for Bethany (a treat for her!) we had a gorgeous bath together and then snuggled up for a cuddly sleep, finally dozing off around 10pm.

OK I will now be honest. Nothing was cuddly or snuggly!! It was damn right annoying, feet in my back, covers being pulled off, waking up to find something laid on me...it was Bethany! It went on hour after hour of me opening my eyes to roll Bethany back onto her side, listen to her snoring and telling me random things in her sleep, and if that wasn't bad enough the god damn night light was enough to drive me mad!!!

At 6.20am Bethany was awake and ready to go. She jumped up and flung open the curtains. I staggered around hopelessly tired and really not pleased (mornings are not my strong point) but I couldn't do anything but smile when my gorgeous daughter came to me as I slumped over the bathroom sink in pure exhaustion and said 'Mammy, you look lovely this morning, thank you for keeping me safe last night'.

Onwards we went to our complimentary breakfast where we enjoyed the most lovely spread of continental and cooked food whilst all the while gazing out to sea (the view from the restaurant was lovely).

I can honestly say that I have never been on Oriental Parade at 8am before and there wasn't a person in sight, we even had our first stop of the day, Waitangi Park all to ourselves for a while!! With a wander along the boat sheds, down Oriental Parade, onto the empty beach for sandcastle building and then back to have one more round of fun time on the play area. Lastly just for good measure we entered Te Papa, I was done in!

Luckily we had a late checkout of 1pm, so with that in mind we headed back, had lunch and soaked up some more relaxing in the bath for the 3rd time and last time.

We did have an amazing time. Bethany and I are already close and I adore being with her. We laughed, we cried with laughter and then we laughed some more, it couldn't have been any more perfect, I think we beat Michael and had a better time away! I think the photos say it all.

Girls Night Out

Hmmm, wonder when the next Auckland trip will be...