Friday, October 24, 2008

Birthday Stuff!

So as you know we have both had a birthday! Very convenient really as we get to have two weeks of full on celebrations, and with mine being a week later than Michael's I also get to put on the pressure of him getting me a bigger present than I got him....me, materialistic? Never.

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes, you are all so lovely. Of course an extra special thank you to our parents for always making it so special regardless of the distance.

Michael had a good birthday, Bethany and I decorated the house so it looked all pretty for him, we baked some mini muffins which we used as his cake, and he got to play with his 'man toys' that he was given. Along with that he had celebrations at work with his lovely Maori friends cooking him a tradition 'boil up'. I was treated to photos of how amazing it was - heck he was spoilt!

On the Wednesday my gorgeous friend Jo put on the most amazing afternoon tea at her house to celebrate my birthday, which Susan and Joan came to. She was just awesome and made me a lovely cake, which was devoured with some bubbles. I got some amazing gifts and am one very lucky girl to have such lovely friends, thank you ladies for a wonderful afternoon!

Thursday was my actual birthday, heaps of cards and lovely presents. During the day I went shopping with Jo, we literally shopped non stop ending our trip with a late yummy lunch. On the evening I celebrated in style, I chatted on the phone to my family whilst Michael made the most gorgeous meal for me. Oh and of course I had wine!!!

I am so grateful to my family and friends in the UK who sent a card, knowing you not only remembered but still care for our love and friendship means the world. Something as simple as a card, hand written words from the heart, nothing can mean more.

However though that's not the only plans for birthday celebrations, we will be taking a blogging break for a few days as we are celebrating further by heading into Wellington this weekend and having a night at a hotel!

On Saturday night I will be heading out with 10 of my gorgeous friends and having drinks and a meal whilst Daddy will be entertaining Bethany at the hotel. After our trip to a hotel last time Bethany has been pestering like mad to do the same with Daddy, so it all fits into place and it's bound to be a magical weekend.

3rd Birthday for us both here in NZ, 2nd as official Kiwis, and it's so far been amazing. We cherish our life here and being able to celebrate here in NZ is something we never thought would happen. If you had said to either of us 10 years ago that one day we would be living the most amazing life in New Zealand, we would have said nah! Yet here we are.

Not wanting to wish life away I must say I could get used to such birthday celebrations, and who knows what the next year will bring us.