Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Not Hard To Smile

Many different things make me smile.
How often you do reflect on something that stole a smile?

I find so much contentment from the smallest things now, and they become a huge part of my life. Having the blog as our online diary of all the things we want to share with you makes me strive to write, yet sometimes that isn't hard at all.

I know for a fact that if we were still living in the UK we would not have had a blog site, I also know that the things that make me smile here I probably would have never noticed there.

Maybe it's the lifestyle change, maybe it's because there is more to notice or maybe I have just found my inner place to be. Maybe I am now genuinely happy.

Every week is so full of small yet amazing moments. In one small week I can make a list of all the amazing smile stealing moments - so for this week my 'smiley moments' are:

Being with amazing inspirational friends. Being able to enjoy life here together, spending time getting to know each other all in the company of the blooming Daffodils calling out to us that Spring is on it's way...

Having Denver. He has now become even more of part of the family now that he spends time with us on the sofa - earning him the spoilt doggy award of the week for sure...

Seeing a rare Kereru. And not at some wildlife sanctuary but in our garden enjoying life and seeming very happy...

Being welcomed. By our wonderful friends and neighbours, watching out for us, helping us and for being there. Also for sharing a gorgeous meal out with them only just last night...

Laughing, cringing and crying. Getting back in touch with so many wonderful school friends through Facebook who I haven't spoken with in many years. Some people have changed so much and others still look the same. This week has had many 'noooo waaayyy' moments!...

Bethany being creative at meal times. Always the creative soul, never a dull moment, from organising the toilet rolls to look like a person to playing with her food...

Having a laugh. Even if its pouring down whilst out walking Denver we always find a moment to have the obligatory photos...

Other things things this week that have also made me smile but I don't have photos of are:

The probably politically incorrect but hilariously funny Bethany singing 'I kissed a girl and I liked it' whilst strutting around the supermarket.

Drinking beers and playing Buzz with my best friend Jo, an afternoon well spent!

And finally making some hopefully amazing plans with all of our Kiwi friends for what will be the best New Year ever.

Everyone has amazing moments every day which can really make you smile, but how often do you realise it?


Our life so far seems to sometimes play out like a scene from a movie making everything so wonderfully surreal, always making us question - 'is this for real?'.

For us now though this is the norm - and everyday I will make my smile last that little bit longer, well, because it's easy!!