Friday, August 29, 2008

Growing

We always worried that Bethany would find it hard to adjust. Moving across the world is a big thing for such a small girl, and although she probably still doesn't quite grasp the concept of what she has done, she fully understands that we live here in NZ now and everyone else in the UK.

We moved into our new home in January this year and again we were worried how she would settle. But the house move proved easy and the first few days at her new Kindy were amazing, happily waving goodbye to me after only two days. Since then she has not looked back.

I often ask her on a morning when we are snuggled together in bed at morning cuddle time if she would like to stay home today, suggesting all sorts of things that may entice her to stay with me, but no, every time Kindy wins over. I am even shamefully going to admit I suggested to her that she loved Kindy more than mammy (how awful and terribly guilty after that did I feel?!).

As I have mentioned before, its just Bethany and I. When daddy is at work it's always just us two, two girls kicking about in our new life together. When Bethany goes off to Kindy I miss her so very much, and secretly although looking forward to her starting school I can see the never ending spiral of us now spending less and less time together - and I am dreading that.

I think Bethany's Kindy is exceptional, wonderful teachers, beautiful rooms, amazing educational toys etc. Yet sometimes Bethany does complain of being a little bored - this I think is the trek to becoming a big school girl, scarily due to happen soon!

All of Bethany's buddies are moving off to school now (they move to school when they turn 5 and not in groups of terms like in the UK) and with the introduction of younger ones to her morning sessions she is starting to feel left behind I think. Conversation becomes harder with the younger ones, and Bethany is certainly a talker.

Bethany has made some amazing little friends. Every one seeming to be so different. Today Bethany had Tanaka come over and play all afternoon, later on they were joined by Daisy and the three played fantastically together.

A wonderful time of bouncing was had, here is a little video with a a voice over from Stef. Oh and check out Bethany's funny dress up choice!



I don't know why but life seems to have sped up since we moved here, in the blink of an eye a week is over but I put that down to having such a diverse and interesting life now. Every day is something different, even those days I am home doing the once over awful task of laundry I now find it pleasurable. How sad is that!??

Bethany and I are due to start on different paths, we are soon going to be separating as a unit and moving off individually. Bethany seems to be coping with that better than I am so far, but one thing that is true is that the road ahead for us both couldn't be more individually perfect.