Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stormy Night

The above picture is from a story in the Dominion Post - which is a Wellington Newspaper, describing the lightning striking Wellington more than 10 times in less than an hour last night.

We went out onto the decking last night to try and capture it on video but only managed a short snippet before the rain started and we had to retreat indoors, but the light over the ocean was stunning and the rumbling pretty impressive.



Nostalgia crept in and I started to remember the days as a child when storms would take out the electricity and I would sit with my parents around an open fire and the only light were candles, I remember often going to the bathroom carrying a candle only for it to blow out and I would panic!

Today's weather has certainly shown the storm last night with gusts reaching up to 130kmh. I looked out to the ocean today and saw a huge wave burst only to realise it was in fact the Interislander ferry struggling in the rough sea!

I like a good storm, don't you?