Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Taking 'The Girls' Out

Megan now comes to play at our house every Monday and Tuesday morning for 4 hours each day. Bethany absolutely can't wait for her to arrive and they both love each others company. I don't really need to entertain them as they play happily by themselves, but I actually feel quite left out so I like to play too!

Last week we went to the beach and collected shells and made shell pictures, we did jigsaws together, played 'tag', made home made Play Doh and went to the Library for Story Time. In some ways it's nice having two as they look out for each other and teach one another so much.

Yesterday I took the girls to Te Papa, Susan met me at the cafe with her gorgeous little cherub Sophie, and we then had a lovely wander around.

As always there is just so much to see, it was hard to keep up with the girls as they were running here there and everywhere with poor little Sophie running behind shouting 'Beffy wait!'.

I just love Te Papa with a passion, not only is it an absolutely amazing place where I seem to find something new every time, but it's also filled with people from every side of the world. I love to see the groups international travelers and the alone traveller with a back pack and a map of Wellington in hand.

We visited the new exhibition: The Poisoners, as Susan hadn't viewed it yet. Poor little Sophie found it all a little scary but she was fine once she saw the animal heads!

I think the best part for Bethany though was the dressing up area in the Te Huka ā Tai, this is an interactive area where children can learn everything about Maori cultures.

We had a great morning out, I know I keep saying this but I am still amazed by how much you can fit into your day here. We managed to enjoy all that in just a few hours with the whole rest of the day to explore.

Being with Susan and Sophie is just great, I feel at last I have not only do we have some type of routine to my life, but I have also made some brilliant friends to share all this with.