Friday, September 28, 2007

People, People, Everywhere!

Well its been a horrible weather week this week, what I would describe as 'English weather', completely unpredictable. But by Friday Mother Nature pulled her act together and we were blessed with a day like this:

So you can imagine that everyone and their dog headed out to soak up the sunshine. I was to meet Susan , Jo and Joan at the Botanical Gardens but after 10 minutes of driving round trying to find a parking space I had to give up and call Susan. Luckily she was also driving around so I dumped my car miles up the road and we all jumped into one car, after 5 minutes we found a space.


The gardens were heaving, and when I say heaving, I mean like more than 10 people (which is a lot for Wellington standards). We walked through the gorgeous greenery and up towards the play area where we were meeting Jo and Joan.

The children all headed off to play and it was chance for us ladies to lay out in the sunshine and catch up on some gossip.

After a good laze in the sunshine we headed back down. Stopping off to feed the ducks, well I say feed them, because of the amount of people at the gardens that day the pond was full of bread and the poor ducks just weren't interested, but how do you tell an eager feeding group of kids that?!

The walk back through the gardens was phenomenal. The stunning arrangements of tulips were utterly amazing. The colours and the smell was superb, we spent a long time here looking at all the different colours and learning the different names.

The whole of the tulip gardens were just heaving with people and rightly so, it was just stunning. I'm not really a flower person but when the sun was shining as stunningly as it was and the flowers were glistening in the light, you can only be in awe.

By the end of it all and the intense heat I was ready for home. Luckily for me chauffeur Susan dropped us back at our car so all I had to do was drive home and lay on the sofa!!