Sunday, September 02, 2007

Fathers Day Fun

Bethany woke us up this morning around 6:50am, which is unusually late for her recently. Marrisa and Bethany went upstairs to make my 'special day' breakfast while I slowly picked myself out of bed.

I was greeted when I came upstairs by an eager child shouting 'Happy Fathers Day Daddy!' and after being dragged to the couch, I was given my present and cards.

Marrisa and Bethany had taken some pics which you can see further down on this page, with the words 'I love you Daddy' on, mounted them on a canvas and framed it. It was an awesome gift, and has gone straight up on the wall for all to see!


After we were all ready, we set off for the Farmers market in town. We only went in for a few veggies but ended up leaving with about 6 carrier bags filled with fresh chili breads, giant salamis and copious quantities of fresh fruit and veg. The standard of fresh produce at our local New World supermarket has gone downhill that much, that from now on it will be a weekly market run rather than going there.

After we headed down to the Southern Cross for brunch, and to meet up with some friends. We met up with neighbours Mark and Jenny, and their kids Edward and Victoria, along with Dan, Sarah, Claire (Sarah's sister over from the UK) and kids Charlotte and Sophie, who are just back from 2 months in England.

Bethany always gets her face painted when we go here, and today she went with one of her favourite animals - the Zebra.

And being Fathers Day, I thought I'd join in the fun too with Daddy Zebra!

I have to admit, I did get plenty of strange looks being the only adult pushing their way to the front of the queue to get my face painted!

Mammy played chase around the garden with Bethany, while I enjoyed a flat white and caught up with the guys.

After this we made our way into Wellington to Toy World to do some shopping. Actually, it's more an excuse for me to get to look at the Scalextric cars again!

The big surprise for us today was Bethany's bravery. We made our way to Frank Kitts park to see if Bethany would attempt the Go Vertical Bungy. To our surprise she was well up for it! She was strapped in and started to bounce, shouting to go higher and higher. In the end the guy running it had to put her onto the big kid setting, so she could jump higher than anyone else. Listening to her squeal with delight as she bounced about 4 meters in the air made us both smile.

It was an awesome end to a fun packed day!