Friday, December 12, 2008

Pinky

Being that mammy has some super cool blue hair extensions, Bethany has been beside herself with wanting some too. When one of my extensions fell out (due to my not so gentle hairbrush) I attached it to a clip and Bethany would wear it clipped in her hair. It then started where she asked if she could have it in all the time.

As it is I am absolutely convinced she would just pull out extensions, not to mention the problems with brushing and comfort issues I suggested the spray in hair colour. We attempted it on many occasions with a purple and pink spray but each time the colour just wouldn't show up on her dark hair.

Bethany recently had her hair cut at my hairdressers and I got chatting to the lovely stylist. She told me how her little girl has blonde and green streaks in her hair (she is 6) and how she loves them. Typically Little Miss Big Ears overheard and was desperate at the thought of having some of her own.

So I arranged with the hairdresser to have a streak of pink put in Bethany's hair. It was a treat for her upcoming birthday, and the results are magical!

The salon is lovely, they made Bethany feel very special. First off they had to turn Bethany's hair to blonde so the pink colour would take. It took about half an hour and Bethany entertained herself with snacks, twirling round and round in the chair and pulling funny faces.

Then the pink went on, again another half an hour wait which was filled with pretending to be a hairdresser and working on mammy's hair (I even got to wear the special cape) - much the amusement of the other salon users!

Finally Bethany was 'cooked'.

She absolutely loves her hair (as do I). We went shopping afterwards and people actually stopped to ask us about it, even asking about my hair too!

Mini hair celebrities - starting a new hair craze!!