Friday, December 05, 2008

Connections

It's a beautiful wonderful world that we live in. In the last two years I have made some of the best friends I have ever had, inspirational, interesting, magical people.

I adore all of our friends, each one brings something new and different to my life, each one fulfilling a different area of my soul, each one so very amazing.

It was the most amazing day yesterday! I not only got to catch up with one of my best friends who I hadn't see in such a long time bringing our bond closer together, but I also got to meet up with some new friends who will stay in my heart always.

It's been many months since I last saw my gorgeous friend Monique. She is a beautifully talented actress who moved to Auckland in January this year. As it is that we don't visit Auckland much our paths rarely cross unless Monique makes it to Wellington. Luckily for us she was starring in a show at Capital E and so of course it was necessary to meet and have a girly catch up!

Bethany adores Monique so very much, as do I, she is truly an awe inspiring person, I miss her very much. Moments like these when we are together are to cherish forever.

Remember Craig?? He stayed with us way back in April this year and it felt like we had always known each other. Well Craig, his beautiful wife Rachel and their gorgeous little boy Myles have finally made it - they are here in Wellington starting their new life!

We met at the beach on Oriental Parade, a mixed tearful reunion with Craig and first time meeting of Rachel and Myles made for one of the most wonderful memory moments - they are absolutely gorgeous. Such a nice, honest, loving family who deserve nothing but they best. Welcome to NZ guys - we are proud to have you here and even more proud to be your friends.

Wellington City is a whole different world compared to where we are now. The sun was blazing as we said our goodbyes (after a delicious meal at Vista which felt like it was something we have always done together!) and as Michael headed home on his motorbike Bethany and I enjoyed playing a little longer.

We walked back to the car via the beach barefoot and just enjoyed being part of the amazing lifestyle that comes from such a magical place. It almost felt like we were on holiday, something that we need to do more often.

I am always learning, I am always growing and I am always amazed at what life can bring along. In such a short space of time we have met some of the most amazing people, been part of helping, watching and supporting those searching for the life we have, and we have loved ever minute.

Friendships old and new, all in one day, always in our future.