Friday, December 19, 2008

Licorice

So much is going on here at Dawes HQ that it's been difficult to find the time to blog! It's a hectic time of the year (as we all know) so our blogging may slow down, but bare with us as full service will resume soon!!

Lets try and have a quick round up of whats been going on...

Last weekend we met at Oriental Parade with our new UK expat buddies Craig and Rachel to celebrate their son Myles's 3rd birthday. We were also joined by Sarah, Dan, Charlotte and Sophie. Stef, Rich and Daisy. Denyse, Tony, Beth and Maddie, and another lovely Expat couple who Rachel also met on the Internet originally from Scotland. Denyse was out numbered as the only kiwi there!!

We had a glorious afternoon in the sunshine, enjoying an afternoon on the ever popular beach with a picnic, bubbles and balloons to celebrate Myles's first ever kiwi birthday.

Saturday night I headed out with the 'Tuesday Ladies' for a meal in the city. It had been at least a month since we were out last so we made up the reasoning of it being Christmas and we needed a curry. It's bad for me that I can't remember where we ate...but it was nice (drunk? me? Never).

I asked for 'Indian Hot' and for once I was pleased. It was probably the strength of a UK Madras so I was happy. At one point I called the waiter over for some more ice (for the kiwi's that were dying over the heat of their Korma) and we ended up with a bowl of rice! Ice...rice, suppose it sounds the same.

Other things this week have been of course Bethany's birthday, and with it has brought so many changes for our little darling.

Wednesday night we went to the Kindy Christmas disco. I will admit I was dreading it, I have found some of the parents to very difficult to relate to and my personal Kindergarten experience not so flash, and so was dreading once again being sat in the corner on my own. Luckily my good friends Alina, Bethan and Emma were there to have a laugh with. We all agreed though that the Kindy could do with a bar though...

Thursday Bethany had her leaving party at Kindy. Oh it's been such a hard week for Bethany. She hasn't wanted to go to sleep at night proclaiming the longer she stays awake the longer she will still be going to Kindy. How little minds work. I really have felt for her, for so long she has been wishing to be 5 and now it's hit her like a ton of bricks and she really wasn't prepared.

Daddy and I took Bethany to Kindy on Thursday morning. The order of the leaving party was: prepare a birthday hat and a play-doh cake. Then sit up the front whilst the rest of the Kindy listen to stories of the time at Kindy, special claps and songs and then the big jump from the chair which is a symbol of heading off to school. Then it's sharing out food which you have brought with all of your friends and opening presents you have bought the Kindy. Ending with a giving out of gifts to all your buddies. Pressure? Who said that?

A whirlwind of a morning but very enjoyable too. Our big girl, heading off to school. Eeek.

Today was the last ever day of Kindy. Very sad indeed, I cried, Bethany cried, all the mothers were crying! Bethany moves on now and so do we. I have watched so many go through this moment and always been safe in the knowledge it's way off yet. Yeah it's not so way off anymore.

Bethany is coping well though, she has a whole 10 weeks at home with mammy now before actually starting school (as it's now the 6 weeks holidays here and then add another 4 weeks of 1 day school visits) so we will have some amazing time together. I am secretly pleased as I am just not ready to let go yet.

Along with all that we have been giving the garden a major overhaul. Last week I had an Arborist come in and give me some advice on some dying trees. The advice was pretty much that they were just at the end of their cycle so we have been planting new trees (but more to follow on that another post!).

Again another busy weekend ahead of us, remember although Dawes HQ is working hard to keep you up to date there might be a little break between each post.

6 more sleeps till Christmas....you ready for it??