Monday, June 02, 2008

The Butterfly Effect

Well it seems that it may hold some water here. The theory on the Butterfly Effect suggests that the butterfly wings could create a knock on effect, ultimately diverting something like a tornado, through a chain of events.

I believe that's happened here, and only through deep analysis of Chaos Theory can we begin to explain what I have discovered in the last 3 weeks!

1: Before coming to NZ, Marrisa hated Marmite. A few weeks back I caught her making some toast and spreading Vegemite on it. Now for those in the know, it's a similar tasting product. I was shocked the say the least, I wonder how long it had been going on for...

2: Staying on the toast side of the topic, I left my toast one day on the kitchen workbench and went to help Bethany with something. I thought flickered through my brain as I left the kitchen which was something like "my toast is safe, it's covered in peanut butter and Marrisa hates that stuff". Why then did I return only a few minutes later to find a plate with crumbs but no toast? The plot thickens.

3: I remember the days of Sunday lunch at my Mams house. I used to love a nice bit of lamb, never spared a thought for the cute fluffy baby sheep that was probably happily playing with his mates in the field only a few days prior. Even better than the lamb itself, was being the only person in our house to eat it, so always more for me! A while back at a friends BBQ, Marrisa decided that she now likes lamb which means less for me!!

4: Our wine rack is generally always full, our previous guests can vouch for that fact. It used to be a reasonably close split between red and white, with the red being mine.... all mine.... That's another of my things I now have to share! Where does the sudden love of red wine come from unless it's Chaos Theory?

5: I've saved the best until last. Not content with now wanting half of my wine, marmite, peanut butter and lamb, I now lose exclusivity of another item. Coffee. Marrisa always liked the smell of coffee, but never the taste. Now since getting the coffee machine, it seems a addiction of the stuff has occurred!

So it seems a butterfly flapped its wings somewhere possibly close to Belgium, causing an unprecedented chain of events which has somehow changed Marrisa's taste buds. I doubt even Einstein could get his head around this!