Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wellington Ink

After a few years of debating what to do, I finally got round to completing the tattoo on my left arm. It started off as something small that I was going to add to, as and when I was inspired, but it never really got anywhere. Somehow, what ever I wanted to add didn't quite go, and I couldn't think of any design that was symbolic or relevant. The inspiration I was lacking came back on settling in New Zealand, and we've soaked up the culture since arrival.


After visiting Rogers Tattoo shop on Cuba Street, Wellington, I decided he was the man for the job. He came highly recommend from people at work and other friends who've been there. Reputation counts for a lot in tattooing, and I wasn't prepared to hand my arm over to just anyone.

Roger took a photo of the tattoo I had at the time, made sketches on possible designs and then drew it on - nothing out of a book, found on the internet or the same as anyone else. After about 20 minutes of prep and 90 minutes of being under the needle, I was out! So, here's the New Zealand-inspired art work, now applied to my arm: