Wednesday, March 26, 2008

When It Means More Than Distance

Moving to NZ was one of the biggest things I will ever do, it was the biggest thing in my life and in doing it I risked a lot, and sadly, I have lost along the way.

Recently a forever friendship ended. My oldest soul mate has closed the curtain on our life performance together and it has broken my heart. I don't want to go too far into what has happened as it is a long story, but sadly the real truth is that the distance definitely killed what we had.

I have always found that lurking in my mind is the background of what I used to have. The friends I shared my life with and the magical times we had. You can never take my memories and I will cherish them forever, but recently when I needed that person who gave me my special memories it was too late, she was already gone. The distance was just too much.

As I get older I start to think about the people who have been in my life and the people who have made an impression on my heart it wells tears in my eyes. I have never had many friends and so when I find the ones who gain my love I hang onto them for dear life, well I try to.

So it was a complete flourish of relief when I had an email from another one of my oldest friends, she kept my spirit alive and made me realise that I am important, I can make a difference to someones life and I cannot be forgotten.

The reason.

Despite the distance.