Saturday, March 29, 2008

Disaster Avoided

Now I absolutely hate posting photos of myself on here, especially from the neck down, but I wanted to tell you of my hair disaster yesterday.

As it is that it costs heaps to get 'the works' at the hairdressers I had opted for the cheaper option and I started to colour my own hair. I have had two successful home colouring sessions, well that was till yesterday anyway.

I stepped out of the shower after rinsing off my 'natural blond' and was greeted by a mass of orange staring back at me (sorry Dad but it's just not the look this season). I got back in the shower and came out slowly hoping that I had just imagined my worst nightmare, but unfortunately it was still there.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't. I mean, it was like the end of the world.

I paced back and forth, I felt really sick and I was panicking. So I rang my husband hoping for some type of solution, here is the conversation:

Me: "Oh my god babe, I have coloured my hair and it's orange, and I mean REALLY orange!!"
Michael: "Hahahahahahahaha"
Me: "Stop laughing, what am I gonna do? Help! You need to come home, get Bethany from Kindy, I can't go out ever again, I will have to colour my hair black, oh crap, oh no..."
Michael: "Hahahahahahahahaha"
Me: "Can you stop laughing, it's not funny, it's like every woman's worst nightmare"
Michael: (Silence) *sniggers*

I hang up the phone.


So one quick call to my sympathetic hairdresser and an appointment was made for today. I spent yesterday walking around in a baseball cap (which I never do) and even felt like a celebrity hiding behind my huge glasses praying no one would notice me.

So here you are, here is the photo I sent Michael at work (hoping for sympathy), and here I am now feeling much better with my new blond and red highlights - I love my hairdresser!

Funny thing though, Michael isn't laughing now - he has just seen the receipt!