Sunday, March 23, 2008

Man Space

Man space is important. It's somewhere sacred, somewhere that a man can go to ponder, contemplate the meaning of life (42), drink a beer and stare at the power tools he is yet to learn how to wield.


I now have such an area, and it's my domain. Until recently, the garage has been half box storage, half car park. Now, it's mine... All of it!!!

I spent about 4 hours in there yesterday, neglecting any family and parental duties in the hope of achieving the desired result. I moved boxes, drank beer, organised shelves and regained control over the floor. The result was this:

The floor is now clear and ready for me to build a work bench, where I'll add a vice for added man space authenticity.

I also have the obligatory dart board and beer fridge, because to be honest -what man space would be complete without them?