Friday, February 22, 2008

An Overreaction

This was me today!

Last night we all sat outside enjoying a drink and a chat into the early hours and today I was at the emergency room getting an adrenaline shot!!

Over the last few weeks I have been bug bitten here and there, last week I developed blister type bites on my feet, they were very painful but went down. Then last night I started to scratch when we came in. This morning I have counted 6 'normal' bites on my feet and ankles, 3 huge tennis ball sized bites on my left thigh and 3 areas on my right forearm which have swollen to twice the size - the pain is terrible.

We had a great day (post to follow another time) but the day became difficult as the lumps and bumps got bigger and bigger, by 4pm I just didn't feel right and was finding it hard to breath. Luckily the nurse at the doctors surgery said she would see me and she got the doctor to look at me straight away, I was jabbed with adrenaline and Michael had to come get me. If I had left it any longer I might have gone to hospital.

No idea what has bitten me but the reaction I have had is severe. Quite a worry really but I am OK right now. I have a massive amount of medication to keep me going and hopefully 48 hours will pass and I will be better. Typical that this would happen when my parents are here!!

The doctors surgery was brilliant, fantastic care by the nurses and the doctor. Ironic that they were all Scottish and Irish people though - not a kiwi in sight!!