Friday, February 15, 2008

Beyond Excited

Wish my parents well - they leave the UK bound for NZ tomorrow!

I am a nervous, emotional, undecided, erratic, thought provoked, unorganised, sick to the stomach, insomnia crazed person, and all because I cant wait for them to arrive!

It's been a whole year since I saw them last, since we hugged, since looked into each others eyes and since we told each other how much we love each other face to face. The year has gone pretty fast though, with having the most magical piece of software called Skype the distance didn't seem as far really. They don't arrive till Tuesday as they are having a stop-over in Singapore but to know they are on their way to us brings tears to my eyes.

Every expat I have ever met has told me about their 'loss', the people they have left behind and the pain from missing them. I can barely think of those I love in the UK without tears in my eyes (oh no here I go again!) and despite the time we have been here, although easier, the pain never gets any less.

As it is that I am an only child and the only family I have are my parents it makes us very close, with my mam being my best friend (apart from my hubby that is) and it's always just been 'us three'. Growing up was difficult at times, but I will always be thankful to my parents for what they taught me and the fact they made me the strong individual I am, and even more so for the fact our relationship is now stronger than ever before.

OK, so the last few days of counting down is on, wherever you are in the world on Tuesday, if you hear a loud shriek of joy...well that will be me!!!!