Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wade In The Water

As you may remember I posted on here a while back about the sad news of Bethany's swimming school being knocked down and replaced with a supermarket, it was a really terrible end to an amazing swimming school and we are so grateful for the skills Bethany has learned and carries with her today.

I was really worried when we moved home that we would not be able to find a school that could not only offer the same confidence for us parents but to also renew Bethany's new found love of the water.

However we did find Togzone, and Bethany has been attending now for 1 term, well should I say, this was her only term. Unfortunately Togzone is a horrendously bad business, they can barely get anything right, argue with you over nothing, treat everyone very impersonally and really just don't have the right attitude. The mothers I sit with by the pool moan endlessly each week and I even have friends who have left due to the behaviour.

Luckily for us though we did have a fantastic instructor, Shelley was amazing with the children and gave her 110% no matter what was happening to the reputation of the business she worked for. Shelley is now also off to start a new job, and I know she will have many followers.

Anyway, regardless of all that (and the hassle of finding a new swim school now!) Bethany's confidence in the water has developed in ways we never thought possible. A few months back she wouldn't even put her face in the water and now she dives to the bottom without a second thought.

Here is a little clip of her progress, this was taken many weeks ago and she has since developed again (amazing backstroke), I always said she would never be a 'natural swimmer' - now I'm not so sure I was right!